Tuesday 31 March 2015

Interior Space Design

Within my space I have thought about the ritual being a morning thing relating to the bedroom and a bed, but in my designed space I feel as though a seat of some sort would fit better. This is because I have not designed it to be a bedroom, I am using my clients ritual and taking the aspects of it that I have incorporated already to stay away from replicating a natural light bedroom.

The direction of the seat I think would work best looking towards the sky light as this is the biggest feature in the space and also a grand one with the light. Visually it would be better to sit facing it than sitting on a seat from the skylight concrete piece facing towards the wooden wall.

My ideas are both of a separate seat and a built in seat. A built in one could add another element to the design but a functional one too.
Here I think the greenery is what makes this seat so appealing. It is an element I could bring in but I would want less than this as the space needs to be open and airy, instead of full and appearing like a green room.

Standard built in seat. Typically this is a wooden add on, as the seating itself can be covered with pillows for comfort and is realistically affordable.

A very clear cut window sill seating arrangement. I think this does need a window with it as this type of seat is usually just a "ponder" seat, but maybe my designs large concrete wall up to the opening sky light could be the feature to look at instead of an outside view.

This seat is separate from the building, but the design of the shape really interested in. The smooth lines of it (or similar design) could contrast well with the structured shapes of the concrete wall in the corner of my design.

Another built in seat with planter pots at the top. This looks clean and simple yet functional.

A shape/curve made out of the floor I think is completely different and interesting. The Idea could be used in multiple ways as you could sit on top of the bump, or lie in the lower downwards curve, and very possibly be a nice gradual line in relation to the human body form, making it comfortable, then add a couple pillows for that extra comfort. 

This image really stood out to me not as a window display but as a built in seat. If a similar shape was coming out of the wall, and the yellow area being transparent to the outside, it would act as another light source and a functional seat. Different heights of it would also accommodate for multiple heights of people but also a so called side table if someone was drinking a coffee etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment