Sunday 1 March 2015

Aesthetic Gesture in response to Clients ritual

After doing some research and browsing into light within design and space I found many designs that show beautiful light in multiple different ways.








Light and shadows really do exist in multiple areas of life including just around the home. These images below are from a couple ares of my house where I noticed some strong lighting/shadows. The first two are of a open area with straight and basic shadows created by a basic shape within the building, but the third image shows a linear pattern from the deck railing - which then influenced me to make a model for my aesthetic gesture in response to my clients ritual, shown below.





From looking into my clients ritual in depth and looking at the main aspect of light, I chose to create a model of a room (more of a box) with paneling as the roof and a light acting as the sun over the day to see how the shadows and sun rays react with the room and how the light changes over time/day.

I have used cardboard to form a small box, replicating a room and cut out lines in the top piece.








No comments:

Post a Comment