Friday 27 March 2015

Further Design Development

Developing my design, I have made it in Sketch up and with integrating my previous design into the original house as an area that would be located within the courtyard out the back. I have made this space very tall to be able to get the low sun rise of the morning over the house roof. The material is a dark coloured concrete as I wanted the walls to be thick and not let in any light, that is solely for the circular opening at the top and also the glass void that runs in line with the suns path, diagonally across the designs roof and down the back wall. In the images below you can also see the shape and angles of the wall leading up to the opening sky light that interacts with the natural light and forms different shades as each angle reacts differently with the suns position.




No comments:

Post a Comment